I was inspired to write this post after reading this post on In Honor of Design. I’m happy it’s fall, my favorite season, so to celebrate I’m sharing a fall checklist of sorts. It should be fairly easy to get all these things accomplished, and fairly fun too. :)
The ten things I’m excited about for fall:
- Make apple crisp using my mom’s recipe.
- Reorganize my closet and donate clothes to our local Goodwill
- Road trip with my guy to Capitola
- Walk the family dog who lives at my mom’s house.
- Make devil’s food cake (annual tradition)
- Make something special for Thanksgiving
- Spend quality time with my sister’s kids. (new baby on the way)
- Go to a new-to-me restaurant.
- Go on a hike. Maybe walk the Santa Monica stairs
- Finish reading Walter Cronkite’s biography, Walter Cronkite: A Reporter’s Life
Is there anything you’re looking forward to this season?
Aka my shoe collection
I was going through my blog archives recently, and came across this post on what shoes I wanted for fall back in 2014. I’m happy to say that my shoe collection has expanded since then.
At this point in my life, I have probably the biggest shoe collection I’ve ever had. Some pairs were Christmas presents, others were hand-me downs, and the rest I got for myself.
Lately I’ve been trying to drink less milk. I’m not sure if I’m actually lactose intolerant but I’ve just been trying to drink less milk any way. Currently I have one bottle of almond milk and one bottle of coconut milk in my fridge to substitute in my coffee, cereal and smoothies. I decided that coconut milk in coffee is gross, but tastes great in a smoothie.
For these drinks, I used coconut milk beverage in a carton (from Trader Joe’s), not to be confused with thick coconut milk in a can.