It’s December already? Guess so. This year sure has gone by fast.
It’s been a week since Thanksgiving and I’ve been meaning to count my blessings. It feels good to remind myself. There are so many things to be thankful for.
They know me like no one else.
2. My dogs
They’re just the cutest.
Continue reading “10 things I’m thankful for” →
November just flew by. I was so busy and focused on school that I didn’t blog at all. My last quarter in college is wrapping up and I’m about to have a lot more free time though, so there should definitely be more posts.
Thanksgiving was just a few days ago, so I’m going to take some time to refelct on what I’m thankful for. There are many so many things! I really am a lucky girl.
I’m thankful for:
- My two dogs, Max and Penny (Read more about Max here.)
- My sweet boyfriend Paul
- My momma, sisters, brother, brother-in-law and sister-in-law
- All of my big extended family on both sides (There are way too many to name them all.)
- Paul’s loving family
- Good friends
- A college education
- A nice home
- My student job, that I’m going to be sad to let go
- Living in Southern California
Lately, I’ve found myself being too much of a downer. I’m trying to think more positively every day and override the negative thinking with positive thoughts. This seems like a good start!
It is good to be thankful for the things you have every day. Recently, I decided that even if I am always thankful, Thursday will be the day that I write down what I am especially thankful for at the time. It is a good way to start out any morning.
Try writing down what you are thankful for with a good old fashioned pen and notebook, blogging about it or even making a “thankfulness” collage to remind you to take comfort in the beautiful things in life. For this first post, I will just have a short list. As a future project I plan to start a thankfulness collage journal to include pretty pictures, inspirational people and notes about fun times with friends or family. I really like this beautiful journal that I found on Pinterest. Oh yeah, I started a Pinterest account earlier this week and you can follow me here. More on that later. Anyway, the collage is totally cute and it’s from the blog I Love It All With Monika Wright.
Today, I am thankful for…
- the great time I had with my friends and family last night eating tacos and spending time together just for fun.
- the chance I had to hear The Summer Twins live last night at Burger Records and meet them after. They were really nice.
- my best friends. My boyfriend Paul, my childhood forever best friend Daniela and my two older sisters Katie and Mary all make life sweeter.
- my family. In addition to my sisters, I am also thankful for my mom and aunt. After all, without them I wouldn’t have a place to live! I am also thankful for my brother, sister-in-law and their two kids. Of course, I can’t forget all my extended family too and I have a lot!
- God, the creator of the universe. Without Him I wouldn’t be here. I believe He made all things and that means a lot.
- a summer break from school. Sometimes I wish I was taking classes right now and that summer classes weren’t so expensive at my school, which has to do with them not being state-supported as they are during the rest of the year, but I am grateful that I have a break.
- technology and innovations. I am so glad I have my own laptop thanks to my aunt who gave it to me two years ago. I am so glad that my house has running water, toilets and showers. Thanks to my laptop and giving aunt I was able to write this bblog post and draw the pictures for it on the computer.
- pretty dresses. I share a closet with my sister Mary and I tend to get jealous that she has so much more clothes than me. She has a lot of shirts, skirts, cardigans and yes, pretty dresses, compared to me, but today I am grateful for what I do have. I’ll try to keep that up.
Some of these things I’m thankful for are pretty basic and I should be thankful for every day. I’ll try to make the list different every Thursday and a little specific to that week.
What are you thankful for?