These are some of the toys and books my 18-month-old daughter has really been enjoying lately. If you have a toddler, especially a child between one and 3 years, I hope this list gives you some ideas on what toys he or she may enjoy.
- Bubbles – Maggie absolutely loves bubbles. I am pretty sure all one-year-olds are thrilled about bubbles. In the past few months, we have purchased this 6 pack of bubble solution, a big bottle of bubble solution and a mini bubble gun. We also do near-daily bubble baths.
- Wooden egg shakers – I got these for Maggie for Easter. They’re the easiest instrument for young kids.
- Food truck – It’s like a play kitchen, except it’s a food truck theme. I like that it came with fake food and a few utensils.
- Little People toys – We have the farm set and a few more small items. Target doesn’t have that many Little People toys listed online right now, but I think I have seen more in the store.
- Baby doll and accessories – Maggie loves to pretend to feed her baby. It’s a little funny to see because it hasn’t been all that long since she stopped drinking bottles, but it’s cute.
- Magnetic sketch board – This is recommended for 18 months and up, so we just recently gave it to her. She got it for her birthday, but I had it in storage.
- Baby Faces board book – Maggie has enjoyed this book since about 6 months old. It shows a variety of emotions, which I like.
- All are Welcome book – Toddlers tend to be very interested in books with photos or drawings of people. This book has a lot of pages, but it doesn’t have a lot of words. I also like that it has a poster included.
- My Best Book and Bashful Dino – This book features a dinosaur with a matching stuffed animal. This set is great for infants, as well as older babies and toddlers. Did you know books with matching objects may be able to help children learn the connection between photos and objects from as young as 9 months?