These are some of the toys and books my 18-month-old daughter has really been enjoying lately. If you have a toddler, especially a child between one and 3 years, I hope this list gives you some ideas on what toys he or she may enjoy.
Continue reading “Current favorite toddler toys and books”
- Bubbles – Maggie absolutely loves bubbles. I am pretty sure all one-year-olds are thrilled about bubbles. In the past few months, we have purchased this 6 pack of bubble solution, a big bottle of bubble solution and a mini bubble gun. We also do near-daily bubble baths.
- Wooden egg shakers – I got these for Maggie for Easter. They’re the easiest instrument for young kids.
- Food truck – It’s like a play kitchen, except it’s a food truck theme. I like that it came with fake food and a few utensils.
- Little People toys – We have the farm set and a few more small items. Target doesn’t have that many Little People toys listed online right now, but I think I have seen more in the store.
- Baby doll and accessories – Maggie loves to pretend to feed her baby. It’s a little funny to see because it hasn’t been all that long since she stopped drinking bottles, but it’s cute.
- Magnetic sketch board – This is recommended for 18 months and up, so we just recently gave it to her. She got it for her birthday, but I had it in storage.
- Baby Faces board book – Maggie has enjoyed this book since about 6 months old. It shows a variety of emotions, which I like.
- All are Welcome book – Toddlers tend to be very interested in books with photos or drawings of people. This book has a lot of pages, but it doesn’t have a lot of words. I also like that it has a poster included.
- My Best Book and Bashful Dino – This book features a dinosaur with a matching stuffed animal. This set is great for infants, as well as older babies and toddlers. Did you know books with matching objects may be able to help children learn the connection between photos and objects from as young as 9 months?
Parenthood can feel lonely, whether it’s your first go around or you’re welcoming your fourth child. Nothing can or should replace true connection with others, but I find it comforting to read and listen to content by other parents sometimes. Also, I needed to look up a lot of things early on and wanted reliable sources to turn to.
Continue reading “5 parenting websites to bookmark now”
Do you and your partner like giving and receiving Valentine’s Day gifts? Has that changed for you over the years?
Valentine’s Day has never been a big deal for Paul and me, but we usually have a nice dinner whether at home or out, and exchange small gifts.
Continue reading “Valentine’s Day gift guide by budget”
I have been meaning to write a blog post commemorating Maggie surpassing the one year mark for more than a month now. She turned one year old in the middle of December and now here we are in the middle of January. It is funny to think that I am now the mom of a one year old. It is honestly hard to write about because it is a little hard to think about. My baby is growing up. It’s happening so slowly and quickly at the same time. Continue reading “Maggie turns 1”
For Maggie’s first Halloween, she is going to be a dinosaur. I saw a pink dinosaur costume on the Carter’s website and thought that would be the perfect costume for her. Instead of buying that terry cloth costume, I bought separates from Carter’s that she could wear any time and get more use out of. My crafty sister-in-law kindly made the tail, attached it to a tutu, and added spikes to her hooded sweatshirt.
Continue reading “Halloween with my little dinosaur”
For a while, I held off on writing a post about Maggie or anything at all for this blog. It’s been hard to find the time. But now Maggie is two months old and I want to share about her.
She was born three weeks early on Friday morning, December 14.
Continue reading “Introducing Margaret Esme”
It’s been almost a year since I got married and I still haven’t shared details or photos on the blog, so I figure now is as good a time as any. If for no other reason, I thought it would be nice to write a bit about what the day was like so I can look back on it later.
I’m so happy with how the day turned out and glad we got to celebrate our vows with family and friends. Before we got engaged, we had talked about possibly having a courthouse wedding to avoid the planning and expense of something bigger. But I really wanted a wedding with our extended families and friends. I didn’t want to get married without my cousins, aunts, uncles and close friends there. Paul would have been okay with a small courthouse wedding, but in the end he said he was very glad we had everyone celebrate with us.
Continue reading “Our wedding day”
My fiance and I have been together for five years now as of today. We’ve learned some about committing yourself to another person and grown as individuals in the process. We’ve also had a lot of fun.
To commemorate the occasion, I thought I would share five ways I show him I love him:
Continue reading “5 years of dating”