I thought I would share makeup routine with you guys because I love seeing other ones online. I keep my makeup fairly simple and don’t even wear makeup every day. But when I do, I tend to use the same types of products, no matter the brand.
The photo below shows most of what’s in my makeup bag right now.
- Clinique dramatically different moisturizing lotion
- Covergirl cgsmoothers – 720 creamy natural
- elf cover everything concealer
- Covergirl cheekers blush in 110 classic pink
- Sephora retractable brow pencil, waterproof, 03 rich chestnut
- Too Faced shadow insurance
- Clinique limited edition all about shadow 6 pan palette – similar
- Clinique high impact mascara
- Marc Jacobs lipstick in Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
- Burts Bees lip shine in Peachy (013)
Most used: 1, 2, 4, 5, 8, 10
I always start with moisturizer. Thanks to my mom for teaching me how important moisturizer is starting when I was young. I then smooth on my foundation with my fingers and dab on concealer wherever needed. I’ll usually put a little concealer on my chin and nose because those areas have a lot of redness. Then I’ll add redness with blush across my cheek bones.
A few years ago, I didn’t bother with eyebrows. But my eyebrow hairs have become more sparse since I’ve gotten older and fuller eyebrows are in, so now I rarely leave the house without doing my eyebrows. I’ve used powder, gel, and liner and decided that pencil is my favorite especially if it’s a pencil I don’t need to sharpen.
For eyeshadow, I usually go for a medium color. If I’m using a nude palette, I’ll use a medium brown. I like the purple colors in the Clinique all about shadow palette. If I have the time, I’ll put eye shadow primer on first to make the eyeshadow go on smoother and last longer. Then to top the eye look off with some mascara.
Lastly, I’ll swipe on some lipstick and lipgloss. I like peachy or pink shades all year. In winter, I’ll go for a slightly darker version.
It’s not too complicated, but that’s what’s in my makeup bag as of late.