I can’t believe I was nominated for a Liebster Award! Fellow Southern California blogger Sweet Helen Grace nominated me for the Liebser, which is an award given to bloggers with less than 200 followers.
Here are the rules:
You have to link back to the person who nominated you.
You have to answer 11 questions from the person who had nominated you.
You have to make 11 questions for the persons that you are nominating.
You have to nominate 11 blogs with a little bit more or less than 200 followers (bloglovin) to answer your questions.
You are not allowed to nominate the person who nominated you.
Finally, you must let the people know that they have been nominated.
Here are my answers to Helen Grace’s questions:
1. What inspired you to start blogging?
There are three main reasons I was inspired to start blogging: 1) Other blogs inspire me. 2) I wanted to join the conversation. 3) I’m a writer majoring in Communication with an emphasis in journalism. I’m always hearing about the importance of blogging from my professor and others. It’s great for writing practice and getting work out in the world. This isn’t even my first blog. I had to make one for three different classes and have written for a company blog before.
Ultimately, I wanted to share my life with others and inspire people. I have always been inclined to share things about the LA area and new experiences on this blog. Although I’ve had this blog for two years now (wow!) I have never been very consistent or serious about it until recently. In the past couple months I’ve had more fun blogging and making blogger friends than ever before. It’s all about the community, after all!
2. If you could hop on a plane right now, where would you go?
Buzzfeed’s “What City Should You Actually Live In” quiz said I belong in Paris, so Paris it is! I’ve also been wanting to go to New York forever. Going during Fashion Week to visit my cousin who is a model sounds pretty cool. I also really, really want to go to Idaho soon to visit family.
3. What is your favorite place to visit?
My Grandma’s house in West Covina has always been my favorite. Does that count even if it’s only 15 minutes away from mine in a car?
4. Tell me a fun fact about yourself.
I had a speech impediment in elementary school and had to attend speech class because I couldn’t say my “r”s.
5. What is the last book that you read and how did you like it?
I need to read more! I think the last book I actually finished was Borderlands/La Frontera by Gloria Anzaldua. Most of it was assigned reading for class. It’s really good and interesting!
6. What is your favorite hobby?
Well, I’m constantly reading blogs, articles and tweets on my phone, so I would have to say that’s my favorite hobby.
7. What is your favorite food?
Tacos, hands down! I love ground beef tacos, fish tacos, carne asada, al carbon, carnitas, Korean tacos and on and on.
8. What is your favorite item in your wardrobe.
Right now it’s this green army-style jacket with a feminine cut from American Eagle that my guy got me for Christmas.
9. Describe your personal style.
About half the days I dress casual in jeans and a T-shirt. The other half I’ll wear a skirt or dress and look like Zoey Deschanel.
10. What is one of your goals for 2014?
Graduating college is at the top of the list.
11. Name one thing that you can’t live without.
Three things came to mind: lip balm, coffee and my iPhone. They’re all about equal.
I am nominating:
These are my questions for my nominees:
1. What’s your favorite thing to eat for breakfast?
2. What’s your favorite hot beverage?
3. What’s your favorite animal?
4. Tell me about the best place to visit in the state/province you live.
5. What is one of your favorite movies?
6. What is one of your big life goals?
7. How many countries have you been to?
8. Do you like the beach or mountains more?
9. How many siblings do you have?
10. Describe your personal style in three words.
11. Tell me some of your favorite song lyrics.