It’s my birthday on Sunday and I’m turning 23. Woo hoo! Hurray!
Actually, I’m not quite as excited as I used to be about birthdays and that sucks. I used to hear people complain that it’s all down hill after 21 when it comes to birthdays. I used to think, “That’s never going to be something I say.” Maybe I’m just feeling that way because my birthday is the same day as the Superbowl this year and some of my favorite people have plans. Oh well. I’ll get over it.
So, I’ve been seeing these lists of X before X, so I thought I would do my own. I wrote the list in a journal a few days ago and thought I would share it on here.
I need more adventure in my life and perhaps this is one way to add it in. It’s not entirely spontaneous and it is a little forced, but I think I’m okay with that.
1. Try sake. (Did it!)
3. Have a mentor.
4. Redesign my blog.
5. Go on a double date. (Did it!)
6. Watch all of Titanic.
7. Make something knitted.
8. Do a photo scavenger hunt.
9. Learn how to make latte art.
10. Take a horse back riding lesson.
11. Make apple pie with my mom’s recipe.
12. Organize my room and get rid of stuff.
13. Take a trip with friends. (Possibly a road trip)
14. Dye at least some of my hair a crazy color. (pink or blue, perhaps?)
15. Complete an internship and officially graduate college.
16. Join a professional organization.
17. Correspond with a pen pal.
18. Go past Tijuana in Mexico.
19. Go to a batting cage.
20. Go on a 10 mile hike.
21. Go to a karaoke bar.
22. See a UCB show.
23. Make tamales.
24. Go to Vegas.
I wrote them in a different order, but then had some fun making them into a triangle shape. The order doesn’t matter, really.
These are all things I’ve never done before. Some are easy and odd, while others will be more of a big deal. After I complete something, I’ll be sure to post about it.