Although I still haven’t written very many posts on here, or stuck to a consistent schedule yet, I have been learning so much about blogging lately. I believe strongly in my school motto of learn by doing and I want to give this blog a real shot by putting in all I can. So to figure out what I want this blog to be about, what other bloggers are doing and some common themes I have been diving deep into the bloggoshpere. I’m just now coming back to shore after surfing around for about two and a half hours.
I learned some things about blogging in the process. Well, more like I was reminded of things. I pretty much already knew these things.
- It’s supposed to be fun! Of course, I know this, but maybe I have been putting too much pressure on myself. I don’t want to be a full time blogger, although I do want to be a full time writer in some capacity or another. Therefore this blog should be just for fun.
- I really can write about whatever I want. Although people have subscribed to this blog, my numbers are very low now, so I don’t need to worry about what an audience thinks. Besides, I do what I want.
- I can make blogger friends. This part sounds pretty awesome. I plan on doing linkups and joining communities real soon.
- It’s apparently not common to have a WordPress and Tumblr. So far I don’t know anyone with a WordPress and a Tumblr. Do I have to choose just one? I don’t want to.
- Design is super important. I know this. I love design. I judge other people’s blogs by the design. At my day job, I’m a writer and more than half the office is made up of designers. Yet, I still have a lot of work to do when it comes to designing this blog. I’ll be upping up my game and teaching myself more about design (both graphic and web) every day.
Looking through some beautiful blogs, I was reminded of why I started this one in the first place. I started Take Comfort Project as a way to remind myself to take comfort in the little things in life. Stress less. See the good in life. Love more. Point out the good in humanity. I plan on doing all that more proactively and with purpose.
Those who know me best know that I can be a bit of a pessimist, but also always aim to see the good in life. Yeah, now that I wrote that I can see how it doesn’t make sense. Well, I like to think of myself as a realist, but sometimes I get a little too down. I want this blog to be a positivity project of sorts.
Without risking saying too much, I’ll just say that sometimes I want to make a blog that’s all my favorite reads rolled into one. To name a few, they are: A Beautiful Mess, Delightfully Tacky, Everyday Feminism, Upworthy, Elizabeth Plank (for Policy Mic) and Writing In Bed. But that would be ridiculous.
Ultimately, I just want to be real and be me. I want to figure out who I am, but without being too self-centered. How about this? I’ll keep doing whatever it is I’m doing and you keep reading.