As a woman and as a feminist, I feel it is important for me to recognize women in my own life. I’ll also be doing posts on women in history who inspire me once a month as well.
Colleen Anne O’Brien
Born Colleen Anne Carpenter
Today she had a childhood friend over for breakfast, along with one of her sisters and her mom (my grandma, of course.) After breakfast my mom and her friend were recalling making mudpies in their backyards as kids, swimming on hot days and learning how to make doll clothes. It was nice to hear about those times and think about the little girl she used to be. Every one used to be little once- even moms!
My mom is the sweetest lady I know. She’s been through some difficult things in life, but has managed to stay positive. She is also very humble and always one to laugh. So it’s not surprising that when I was asking her questions for this blog post she gave me short answers and we both cracked up at the simplest things. I even learned some new things when pestering her with questions.
- One of her favorite things to do is go to Seal Beach
- If she could go anywhere she would see Italy and Ireland
- One of her favorite pieces of wisdom is “Count your blessings”
- Her three favorite TV shows are: I Love Lucy, M*A*S*H & The Waltons
- Reba, 8 Simple Rules & The Mary Tyler Moore Show made honorable mention
- When asked what women inspire her she said Anne Lindberg and Eleanor Roosevelt
My mom is a pretty cool woman and I know I’m super lucky to have her in my life! She’s model gorgeous, has a heart of gold, is resilient and smarter than she gives herself credit for.
So I want to know, who is one woman who inspires you?