It is good to be thankful for the things you have every day. Recently, I decided that even if I am always thankful, Thursday will be the day that I write down what I am especially thankful for at the time. It is a good way to start out any morning.
Try writing down what you are thankful for with a good old fashioned pen and notebook, blogging about it or even making a “thankfulness” collage to remind you to take comfort in the beautiful things in life. For this first post, I will just have a short list. As a future project I plan to start a thankfulness collage journal to include pretty pictures, inspirational people and notes about fun times with friends or family. I really like this beautiful journal that I found on Pinterest. Oh yeah, I started a Pinterest account earlier this week and you can follow me here. More on that later. Anyway, the collage is totally cute and it’s from the blog I Love It All With Monika Wright.
Today, I am thankful for…
- the great time I had with my friends and family last night eating tacos and spending time together just for fun.
- the chance I had to hear The Summer Twins live last night at Burger Records and meet them after. They were really nice.
- my best friends. My boyfriend Paul, my childhood forever best friend Daniela and my two older sisters Katie and Mary all make life sweeter.
- my family. In addition to my sisters, I am also thankful for my mom and aunt. After all, without them I wouldn’t have a place to live! I am also thankful for my brother, sister-in-law and their two kids. Of course, I can’t forget all my extended family too and I have a lot!
- God, the creator of the universe. Without Him I wouldn’t be here. I believe He made all things and that means a lot.
- a summer break from school. Sometimes I wish I was taking classes right now and that summer classes weren’t so expensive at my school, which has to do with them not being state-supported as they are during the rest of the year, but I am grateful that I have a break.
- technology and innovations. I am so glad I have my own laptop thanks to my aunt who gave it to me two years ago. I am so glad that my house has running water, toilets and showers. Thanks to my laptop and giving aunt I was able to write this bblog post and draw the pictures for it on the computer.
- pretty dresses. I share a closet with my sister Mary and I tend to get jealous that she has so much more clothes than me. She has a lot of shirts, skirts, cardigans and yes, pretty dresses, compared to me, but today I am grateful for what I do have. I’ll try to keep that up.
Some of these things I’m thankful for are pretty basic and I should be thankful for every day. I’ll try to make the list different every Thursday and a little specific to that week.
What are you thankful for?